28 Jan Finding the Perfect Dentist in Preston
When you need a dentist, you’re looking for more than just someone to clean your teeth.
Your dental health is a key part of your overall health, so it’s important to have a great dentist.
Having a great dentist allows you to feel comfortable when you’re dropping in for a scheduled visit and gives you a place to turn for a dental emergency or treatment.
At Preston Supreme Dental we have a few suggestions as to how you can find the perfect dentist in the Preston area, and we have a pretty good idea that when your search is concluded you’ll choose Preston Supreme Dental to be that dentist!
Here are Some Things to Consider:
- Do they emphasise “preventive dental” and “gentle care?”
- What kind of technology do they use in the treatment?
- Do they keep up to date with the latest techniques and contemporary dental practices?
- Where did the dentist and the rest of the dental team receive their education and training?
- Will the dentist check your children too?
- How much are their treatment fees?
- Are emergency services available? What kind of services and at what hours?
- What are the available payment options?
- How does the dentist deal with inexperienced, sensitive, or anxious patients?
Frequently, the way to find a great dentist is just to ask people you trust:
- Ask your current dentist if they know someone in your new area. Many times your dentist will know someone that they went to school with, practised with, or has information on. It may be productive to talk to other health-care professionals as well, such as pharmacists or doctors.
- Ask for a recommendation from family, friends, or coworkers. Ask about work other than cleanings, like a bridge or crown; work that is performed by the dentist. You don’t want to end up with a great hygienist who’s practising with a not-so-great dentist. Your dentist needs to be good with the routine and the complicated dental procedure.
- Google the dentist. Sites like Google and Yelp can help you learn from the experiences of others. Search for reviews that tell a story and have believable details.
- Take advantage of dental organisations. This is a different kind of online search. Organisations such as the Australian Dental Association have websites with search engines for dentists. You can search for a dentist by location, state, radius, and specialty. (https://www.ada.org.au/Find-a-Dentist)
- Browse dentists’ websites to learn more. On websites, check out the look and feel of the office, read their blog, and check to see if they have specials. If the website is poorly maintained or unhelpful, it may be a sign of disinterest in patients. If you have a specific dental need, browse the dentist’s list of treatments to make sure they offer what you need. You can tell a lot from a website.
- Go into the office. Nothing will tell you as much about a dentist as a visit to the office to meet with the dentist and their staff. Take a close look at the office and dental surgeries to make sure they are clean, and the team wears gloves and proper protective gear.
What are the elements of a great dental practice?
Is the dentist interested in your overall health? A good dentist is concerned not only with teeth but also the connection between oral health and the rest of the body. Your dentist should be interested in your health history and informing you how your oral health affects the health of your
entire body. Problems in the mouth can raise your chances of heart disease, dementia, and diabetes to name just a few, and a great dentist considers the health of the mouth in relation to the health of the rest of the body.
Experience: How long has the dentist has been practising and which services do they offer. Your dentist’s skills should match your needs.
Atmosphere: Visit the office before you choose it. It is important to feel comfortable in the office and the dental chair. This is particularly true if you have children
Convenience: No matter how wonderful your dentist is, if you can’t reach them, don’t find convenient parking, can’t find an appointment time, or can’t get the services you need, the fit will not be good.
Choose a dentist that it is nearby and straightforward to visit. You should visit your dentist at least twice a year and don’t need excuses not to make appointments or to cancel them!
Choosing a dentist is like choosing a friend – it is important that you are a good fit and feel comfortable with each other.
The Preston Supreme Dental Advantage
At Preston Supreme Dental we treat you like family. We give the quality, thoughtful dental care that we would expect for ourselves. We utilise the latest technology to make your dental care as convenient and comfortable as possible.
Our Promotions Include:
- GAP FREE – General Check-up, Scale and Clean, X-rays and Fluoride treatment (with any health insurance)
*for new patients only
- $590 Philips Zoom! In-chair whitening
- Child Dental Benefit Schedule – Up to $1,000 worth of dental treatments over two years (Medicare)
- Same day dental emergency
Call us on (03) 9478 7708 or visit us at 243 Murray Road in Preston.